History of Cross Lutheran Church and School
Cross Lutheran Church was founded in 1928. In 1948, the congregation installed her first teacher, Mrs. Christiansen. The following year, Cross Lutheran built its first school building. Preschool was begun in 1972. The Activity Center was built in 1973 on the Hickory Street campus. In 1996, after a hiatus, the first grade class was re-instated. That same year, the property at the Common Street campus was purchased. Cross Lutheran Church and School broke ground on the Common Street campus and started construction on a new church/school facility. In 2002, Cross Lutheran Church and School moved to the new facility on Common Street. In 2009, a middle school building was added. In 2010, the congregation completed the building of a new sanctuary.